What did Aria say? How did Mona know this? Was it bc of what Ali wrote in her diary about Aria having no backbone? Why would Ali pick someone she thought had no backbone? So she could boss her around like a puppet? OR was th is a conversation Ali and Mona once had as A? The 2 of them? Team A.
There is a pattern in Aria’s hallucinations/breakdowns.
3x01; Aria imagines A stalking her in the bathroom and has a panic attack.
4x01; Aria fears the worst when she gets called to Hackets office, and he finds out she lied about her and Ezra being together and Ezra gets arrested. But it was only a day nightmare.
5x04; Aria watches Shana’s funeral and thinks that she’s still alive and freaks out because she feels guilty about killing her.
5x12; Holbrook questions Aria and she imagines him questioning about all the stuff that has happened, but she snaps out of it quickly. Most likely her guilty conscious showing through.
There are two main mental disorders that could cause this;
- Psychosis is a serious mental disorder characterized by thinking and emotions that are so impaired, that they indicate that the person experiencing them has lost contact with reality.
People who are psychotic have false thoughts (delusions) and/or see or hear things that are not there (hallucinations). These are referred to as “positive” symptoms; “negative” symptoms like loss of motivation and social withdrawal can also occur.
• Early stage psychosis:
- difficulty concentrating
- sleep changes—sleeping too much or not enough
- withdrawal from family and friends
- on going unusual thoughts and beliefs
• Later stage psychosis
- disorganized speech—switching topics erratically
- suicidal thoughts or actions
- difficulty functioning
- Schizophrenia is the common term for a group of serious psychiatric conditions called the schizophrenic disorders. Although they strike only about one percent of the population, these disorders are so disabling they are considered among the most important of psychiatric illnesses.
• Common Symptoms
- Most forms of schizophrenia are marked by at least intermittent episodes of hallucinations and delusions, despite the absence of any gross physical defects in the relevant sensory apparatus. Auditory hallucinations (hearing voices, for example) tend to be the most common, although visual hallucinations are also common. Less frequently, patients suffer olfactory hallucinations (usually consisting of unpleasant smells) and even imaginary tactile sensations (insects crawling on or under the skin is a classic example).
- Mood changes and other affective symptoms—such as inability to sleep, weight loss, loss of appetite (anorexia), suicidal thoughts and depression—may also appear during the course of the illness.
- Other symptoms may include odd or inappropriate or bizarre behavior, an inability to make logical associations among ideas, and episodes of paranoia. Physical behavior may devolve into a dysfunctional state known as catatonia. Although this is often portrayed in the media as a sort of waking coma, catatonia may involve episodes of great excitement or profound confusion and usually entails muscle rigidity and apparent stupor.
What do you think? Is this the reason why Aria has so many breakdowns/hallucinations?
So, did Toby graduate from Cop School in, like, two weeks? The way time moves on this show is confounding enough as is, but I swear he enrolled in cop school like 5 episodes ago. Although, I guess if it’s only a two week course to become a Rosewood cop, that explains a LOT.
Morocco. Valley of Draa.Minaret.1997
ppl think im shy cause i dont talk much in person but actually im just coolin it scanning the situation, watchin from the cut, making mental moves constantly.
Thunder and lightning in Summerland, 2012
Hard to beat those rockin’ curls.
Photo by Bob Worthington